You will need a bag of M&Ms and a bowl. Create questions for each color from the bag (example below) Hold the bowl up so the kids can't see the color they pick
If the kids pick:
Red= tell us your favorite activity to do
Orange= tell us your favorite thing at school
Yellow= tell us the chore you hate to do
Blue= tell us something you want to learn how to do
Green= tell us your favorite treat
Brown= tell us your favorite movie or tv show
Don't forget to do it yourself so the kids can get to know you too!
Toss n' Talk Game
On a large ball (those balls you find at Walmart in the "cages") with a permanent marker write questions around the ball. (Question ideas are below)
Begin class on the floor with all the kids and you in a circle, roll or gently toss the ball whatever question their right thumb (right hand/left pinky, etc) that's what they answer.
On the blocks, write questions to get to know the kids (Question ideas below), set up the game on the table, have the kids and you take turns picking out the blocks and answer the question on them.
1)Who is your favorite scripture story character?
2) If you could have any animal for a pet what would it be?
3) What is your favorite breakfast?
4) What is your favorite movie or tv show?
5) If you could eat one food for a whole month, what would it be?
6) What is your favorite subject in school?
7) Would you rather cake or brownies?
8) Where were you born?
9) What do you think is in outer space?
10) If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
11) What is the worst smell?
12) What do you want to do when you grow up?
13) If you had 1 million dollars, what would you buy?
14) What is your favorite Primary song?
15) What do you like to do when you play outside?
16) Do you have a lucky number? What is it and why is it lucky for you?
17) What is the best thing about being a kid?
18) What is your favorite color?
19) Do you have a favorite joke? What is it?
20) If you were president for a day, what would you do?