- Tape/Sticky Tack
I love what's in the manual, using the scriptures to learn about prophesies of the birth of Jesus, but I wanted to add in a little something fun!
Cut out the pieces of the nativity puzzle. On the back of each piece write a scripture reference in the manual.
1) Isaiah 7:14; 9:6
2) 1 Nephi 11:14-15, 20-21
3) Mosiah 3:5-8
4) Mosiah 15:1
5) Alma 7:10-12
6) Helaman 14:1-3
Let each group have some time discuss/share what the prophesies were and explain/share anything that you want to about each prophet. (how long before Christ's birth did they prophesy? - printout below the puzzle) Then come hang their piece onto the board.
I also found this little printout from the Friend. I thought it would be cool to share with the kids how long before Christ's birth they prophesied that he would be born. And a cool little coloring page for Junior Primary.
Another idea for Junior Primary or Senior Primary:
Bring a Nativity set and on the bottom of each pieces from the Nativity tape a piece of paper with the name of a Christmas song or a question about Christmas on it. Here's some questions:
1)What city did Mary and Joseph go to for Jesus to be born? (Bethlehem -Luke 2: 4-6)
2) In the stable after Jesus was born where did Mary lay him down? (Manger - Luke 2:7)
3) What happened to the shepherds who were watching their flocks? (An angel came and declared glad tidings Luke 2:8-10)
4) What did the heavenly hosts tell the shepherds? (Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men- Luke 2:13-14)
5) Who did the wise men visit before finding Jesus? (King Herod- Matthew 2:1-3)
6) What gifts did the wise men bring? (Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh- Matthew 2:11)
7) Why didn't the wise men go back to see King Herod? ( They were told not to in a dream- Matthew 2:12)
8) What was Joseph told to do after the Wise Men came? (Flee to Egypt because King Herod would try to kill Jesus- Matthew 2:13)
9) What happened the children near Bethlehem who were 2 years old and under when King Herod found out the Wise men weren't coming? (They were killed- Matthew 2:16)
Please take a minute to share a comment, I love reading them! They keep making me want to give FREEBIES! It's always wonderful to know that what you are putting up and writing about is worthwhile and people enjoy them. Questions? Trouble downloading(please check FAQs first) Email me at email@example.com